Within the last month, your combat outpost (COP) in southeastern Afghanistan has come under increasing attack by insurgent rocket and mortar fire. Your platoon has just executed a 1 mile dismounted movement from the COP to a small village, located just 2 kilometers from the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, suspected of operating as a cache point for the rockets/mortars. While in the process of executing a cordon and search 30 minutes from BMNT, your platoon comes under attack from local Pakistani border militia that are known AQ/TB sympathizers. The Pakistani militia retreat across the border and after receiving clearance from higher headquarters, your platoon crosses the border to engage the Pakistani militia. However, upon crossing the border, you come under a complex ambush from AQ/TB forces. Your platoon reacts accordingly, but due to the pending sunrise and lack of indirect fire support, your higher HQs orders you to break contact and conduct an exfil back to the COP. AH-64 Apache coverage is now on station, but you order your platoon to expedite its movement due to the pending sunrise and depleted ammunition counts.
Cross the border and pursue/neutralize the Pakistani border militia.
React to complex ambush and destroy AQ/TB forces.
Break contact and move back across the border to a consolidated platoon position.
After cross-leveling ammo, conduct a 1 mile movement back to the COP.
Phase I: Cross border and pursue Pakistani border militia:
3 Rounds of:
· Run 400 meters (1 modified gym loop- *start outside 2nd floor gym)
· 10 burpees (inside 2nd floor gym)
· Lunges- 5 lunges each leg (inside 2nd floor gym)
· Run towards third floor weight room and take hallway to IOCT track entrance
Phase II: React to complex ambush/ destroy AQ/TB forces/ break contact:
· Run 2 laps backwards in a clockwise manner (reverse direction of the normal IOCT)
· Descend rope
· Horizontal ladder backwards (use blue block if needed to grab onto bar)
· Climb over wall
· Forward roll
· Mount balance beam and traverse beam walking forwards
· Thru tire normal
· Mount horizontal bars and traverse bars to left or right to track (use cargo net if you cannot mount bars after several attempts)
· From track, descend to shelf and then to ground
· Go over vault normal and thru tires forwards
· Low crawl backwards
(All transitions between obstacles will be a forward run)
Phase III: Conduct 1 mile exfil back to COP:
- 1 mile run (4 modified gym loops- *start/finish outside 2nd floor gym)
- Drop for 5 push-ups at the start of every minute
Overall time will stop once you finish Phase III – “1 mile exfil to COP” (finish outside 2nd floor gym)
Below is a picture of some mockups for new shirts. Post opinions in comments, I will order next week so we can have them here by Sandhurst timeframe.
Click on the image for a bigger view.