Black and Gold CrossFit, is a non-profit military CrossFit affiliate located in West Point, New York, United States. Black and Gold CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program designed to develop the fitness of the multi-disciplined athlete. Our goal is to deliver a level of fitness that is, by design, broad, general and inclusive. Combat, training, survival and life are multi-dimensional, as is CrossFit. Soldiers and Cadets are athletes and must train as such. Our goal is to optimize the physical competence in the attributes that will deliver when lives are on the line. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy are the tenets that we follow in an ever increasing desire to develop a well rounded and truly fit Warrior Athlete. Beat Navy!
10 Physical Skills
1. Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance - The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
2. Stamina - The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
3. Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
4. Flexibility - The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
9. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
10. Balance - The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.