Wednesday, 30 JANUARY 2013

Announcements - We will meet in the '62 room.

Equipment required - bring your jump rope and then grab a weighted bar or PVC pipe for the WOD

Warm-up and instruction - Matt will take half the group through the overhead squat and give everyone the chance to practice with the PVC pipe and the weighted bar.  Adam will take the other half through double-unders and give everyone some time to practice.

WOD:

AMRAP 17
15 x overhead squats with weighted bar (there is small, medium, and large)
15 x pull-ups
75 x double-unders (3:1 single-under substitution; 1:1 tuck jumps)

Post number of rounds complete to comments.

7 comments:

Adam said...

wow, that was a smoker! Great job by the early riser this morning!!

4 rounds + 5 D/Us as rx'd

Pull-ups became tough, but I kept them rx'd the whole time.

Mickey said...

5 rounds even rx'd.

Double unders got really hard. so did pullups.

R.K. Barker said...

That was rough, double unders were the bane of that one for me. 3 rounds plus 8 pullups.

Nate said...

It was either 3 or 4 full rounds + 8 squats.
Had to do single unders. I'm going to look into getting a different rope because mine is a bit bulky and it feels like it gets twisted really easy.

Matt said...

Aloha,

I got my first cramp in a long time and I was suck'n for O2.

As Rx: 5 rounds + 7 DUs

It would have been nice to finish the DUs and get 6 even.

Unknown said...

4 rounds of pain. Uh, overhead squats kill me!

jswobe said...

4 rds + pull-ups

I used 65-lbs for the OHS, and had to do ring pull-ups. (I don't have a bar in the home gym...yet...)