Thursday, 17 JANUARY 2013


Announcements:  Today we will meet in the '62 Room.

Equipment required:  Kettlebell, weighted bar, and jump rope!!

Warm-up and instruction:  We will split the group in half and Matt will lead the group through kettlebell swings while Adam discusses double-unders.  After about 5 minutes we will rotate.  WOD starts NLT 0550.

WOD:

AMRAP 15
20 x kettlebell swings (53/35 lbs.)
20 x weighted sit-ups (53/35 lbs.)
40 x double-unders (3:1 single-under or 1:1 tuck jump sub)

Cash-out: 100 sit-ups for time  (APFT standard)

Post number of rounds complete and time for cash-out to comments.

11 comments:

Mickey said...

4 rounds + KBS and 3 situps

53#
did American swings for the 4 rounds
Last set was russian

Situps were weird. Just tried to put it in a spot that didn't prevent me from breathing.

that one was bad. real bad.

Adam said...

4 rounds + 37 double-unders as rx'd.

sit-ups were strange and my shoulders were smoked from holding the KB to my chest. I considered putting the handle in my mouth and holding with my teeth, but I figured that might not work so well.

3:07 for the cashout - APFT standard

Mickey said...

Maj Grim: I thought about the same thing w/ the teeth. Mine are brand new though so i didn't want to damage them.

I need to drink more water. i'm always so dehydrated when i wake up.

Matt said...

Aloha,

Good group this morning.

As Rx'd: 5 rounds + 10 KBS

R.K. Barker said...

That was tough, but fun.
4 rounds + 13 Double Unders. I scaled the KB swings to Russians.

jck said...

4 rounds +20 DU. Scaled sets 3, 4, and 5 to Russian.

Nate said...

4 rounds plus 3 kettlebell swings. I managed to get everything as RX'd but the double unders which started out as double unders and worked into single unders... still need a lot of practice on them. That and probably a smaller rope.

2:55 cash out. 10 seconds less than my last time.

And I agree with the situps... it was a challenge getting in good situps with the kettlebells.

ErinM said...

4 rounds + 9 KBS

20 double unders/60 single unders per round

ErinM said...

2:42 cash out

jswobe said...

5 rounds + 1 weighted sit-ups

Agree with all - holding that KB during the situps was awkward...and damn heavy.

jswobe said...

...and I forgot about the cash-out.