Thursday, 4 OCTOBER 2012

Announcements:  West Point WOD for Warriors - sign-up at: http://w4w-wp.eventbrite.com/

Equipment needed:  1 x barbell per person + reflective belt

Warm-up and instruction:  We will spend about 10 minutes working on thrusters.  We will start with PVC pipe and work up to 95 lbs. (or whatever weight you will use for the WOD).  The intent is to ensure everyone has proper form and can do it consistently under load.  Demo (Matt) & points of performance (Adam).

WOD:

This is going to be a TOUGH one!  Scale as needed and be sure to cut yourself as needed in order to make sure you are at formation on time!!!

For time:
21 x thrusters (95/65)
Run 1 mile (Lincoln Hall Loop - Arvin, around Trophy Point, past Lincoln Hall to the Officer's Club, cross street after crossing under the awning, run past Patton Statue, across Diagonal Walk, and head in to Arvin)
15 x thrusters
Run 800 meters (2 x Comm's Loops)
9 x thrusters
Run 400 meters (1 x Comm's Loop)

Post time to comments.

9 comments:

Mickey said...

22:01 rx'd

I'm definitely going to feel this later.

Maj Grim - that was brutal

Adam said...

20:22 as rx'd.

That was bad, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Thrusters were tough, but the run was the area that I really could have pushed it harder.

Glad to see a small but mighty crew there this morning!

Mickey said...

MAJ Grim, I agree with you. However I am still very thankful for PMI and class drops this morning.

jck said...

20:32 w/ 75# bar

My body is screaming at me.

Matt said...

Aloha,

I agree with Adam, it was bad, but not as bad as I thought. We have been through much worse.

As Rx'd: 19:08 with as stop for the cannon.

JC said...

As rx'd
TH: 2:12, 1:10, 28
1 Mile: 7:08
800m: 3:35
400m: 1:33
Transitions: 3:12

Total Time: 19:23

R.K. Barker said...

Well, I had to scale it by taking the 21 thrusters and mile out to make it back to my company in time, and I stayed at 65 pounds.

10 minutes

It was fun, but I wish I could have done the full WOD.

Nate said...

21:30 w/ 65 on the bar. Thrusters were a great workout. Probably could have pushed it a little bit harder on the run and pulled my time down a little bit... that mile killed my time.

jswobe said...

19:45

Holy smokes...great WOD...