Friday, 19 OCTOBER 2012

Announcements:  If you haven't looked at the weather for the morning, there is almost a 100% chance of rain.  This means you have 2 options - either show up and suck it up Army style (i.e. PT isn't canceled due to rain!) or stay in your warm cadet cave and stay dry.  Another option is that you run on the treadmill so that you get the work done, but don't get wet.  I leave it up to you.  If there is lightening, then we will all do it on the treadmill, but if it's just rain, then I will see you on the course!

Also, if you are interested in trying out for the team that will take on Air Force, then PLEASE EMAIL ME (blackandgoldcrossfit@gmail.com) ASAP!!! 

Equipment required:  Reflective belt, watch, and motivation!!!!

WOD:

Event #2 for tryouts of Black and Gold CrossFit team to take on Air Force.

Run 5km for time.

Compare to: 28 SEPT 2012

LINK-UP in the '62 room at 0530 for a brief warm-up and then we will move to the start point together.

ROUTE:  Start at the light pole by the Comm's House (by Thayer Statue) and run to Lee Gate and back.  Use the side walk and cross walks the whole time and be safe when you run across the street!  You will cross the road by the cemetery (don't have to use the crosswalk here), but DO IT SAFELY!!!  Don't run out in front of cars!!!

Post time for 5km to comments.


8 comments:

Mickey said...

I will not be at tomorrows workout due to a disciplinary board for one of my people in the plt.

Let it be known for the record that I am not chickening out because of rain.

Adam said...

nice! bring the trouble-maker for a run!!

R.K. Barker said...

Better than last time, but not quite what I was hoping for, still, an improvement though.

20:02.3

Adam said...

it was great to see a few brave souls out there this morning, I'm glad we didn't get rained on very much!

5km: 21:33 (about 10 secs slower than last time)
I continued on and ran 2 x Lincoln Hall loops for a total of about 5 miles in 37:34. My goal pace for the Army Ten Miler this Sunday is 7:30/mile, so my 5 mile split was right on the mark!

Matt said...

Aloha,

Not quite as good as last time. 18 seconds slower. At least it was still sub-21. My excuses are motivation, burpee-broadjumps and a long-sleeve shirt.

20:57

Mickey said...

23:08.

Last time i can find in my book is 23:58 on 13April12

50 second improvement.

Working on my POSE running. felt pretty good, wore my barefoots for this one. No problems. calves feel good.

ErinM said...

7km in about 32 min. Lovely run in the Celtic Mist of Brittany.

jswobe said...

24:40

(but I think my route was short by about 2/10 of a mile)