Monday, 3 SEPTEMBER 2012

I hope everyone has had a GREAT long weekend!!!  Today we are meeting offsite since Arvin doesn't open until 0900.  This WOD is designed to do ANYWHERE, so even if you are on the road and away from West Point, you can knock this one out.

We will meet up at 0800 at Dragon Park (Stony II housing area).  If you need a ride, please email me at blackandgoldcrossfit@gmail.com no later than Monday morning at 7 am so I can arrange to pick you up.  

There are two parts to the WOD.

PART I:  Tabata Push-ups and Tabata Squats

If you aren't familar with the tabata format, you do 20 seconds of work (i.e. push-ups) and 10 seconds of rest for a total of 8 rounds.  Once you've done all 8 rounds of push-ups (takes 4 mins.) then you move immediately to Tabata squats.  Once again, 20 seconds of air squats, 10 seconds of rest, for 8 rounds.

Your score for each exercise is equal to the LOWEST number of reps that you acheived per exercise over the 8 rounds.  For example, if over the 8 rounds of push-ups, if the fewest I do in 20 seconds is 12, then my score is 12.

Rest a few minutes and then knock out Part II.

PART II:  10 rounds for time

6 x box jumps (30 men/24 women inch box)
Run 50 meters
3 x handstand push-ups (scale = elevated pike push-ups)
Run 50 meters


Post Tabata scores and time to comments.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Today's WOD was awesome, thanks to Matt for being there to help motivate!

Tabata push-ups: 8 (WEAK SAUCE!!)
Tabata squats: 13 (All other rounds were 14..dang it!)

WOD: 13:12

Afterwards I did a WOD with my wife and some of her lady friends at Dragon Park.

5 Rounds for time:
12 x box jump (30 inch)
Run 200 meters
20 x sit-ups (feet not anchored)

14:40

It was a SMOKER to do both WODs with only about 20 minutes rest in between. Felt great burning off all the junk I've eaten over the long weekend!

ErinM said...

Tabata Push-ups: 12
Tabata Squats: 13

WOD: 10:30
Elevated pike push-ups. I remeasured the distance I ran, and it was probably closer to 44m than 50m.

Went on to run for about 50 min with my platoon and then did 10 rope climbs, using only arms for as long as I could.

JC said...

Did this WOD on 9/5/12

Tabata Push-ups: 15
Tabata Squats: 20


Didn't get to Part II

jswobe said...

Tabata push-ups: 8 (ugghh...)
Tabata squats: 15

WOD: i only did 6 rounds, b/c of time. Approx 8 minutes. (it was a good WOD though...I think I will save it and use it again the next time I am traveling!)