Wednesday, 20 MARCH 2013

Announcements - we will meet in the '62 room

Equipment required - grab a kettlebell and medicine ball on your way in

Warm-up and instruction - Matt will provide points of performance for kettlebell swings, Adam will discuss wall ball shots and knees to elbows, and then everyone will get a chance to practice each movement.

WOD -

For time:

Run 2 x gym loops (800 meters)
30 x kettlebell swings (53/35)
30 x wall ball shots (20/14) @ 10' target  [NOTE: due to lack of equipment available, we had to substitute the wall balls with thrusters (#25 plate) - full squat with press overhead]
30 x knees to elbows
Run 2 x gym loops (800 meters)

NOTE:  You can break up KBS, wall balls, and KTEs as needed and there is no requirement to complete one exercise before moving to the others.  Partition the reps as needed to maintain intensity.

Post time to comments.

8 comments:

Chelley said...

great to see a big crew this morning and thanks for being flexible as usual!

In lieu of wall balls, we had to use thrusters with a 25# plate.

11:47 and I scaled up to a 35# plate.

smoked legs!

Mickey said...

survival swimming on day 1's now. i'll be coming in when i can during those days

R.K. Barker said...

11:29, Rx'd. That second set of gym loops was aweful! I couldn't get my breath back.

Nate said...

11:43 as RXd.

Great WOD this morning!

Caleb McDaniel said...

12:11 as Rx'd. I hated the run at the end

Mickey said...

rx'd this w/ the wall ball shots.

11:55.

Was crushing this until the second set of gym loops which just about killed me.

Matt said...

Aloha,

I used a 35# plate and a 70# kettlebell. And yes, the second set of gym loops were like a kick in the...

12:09

jswobe said...

12:27

It turns out my 400 meter loop may be a little longer than 400 meters...like 460.

Good WOD. I broke the 30-30-30 into nine sets of 10, just for some variety...and b/c I knew the knees to elbows would kill me if I tried all of them at once!