Thursday, 28 MARCH 2013


Announcements - today we will meet in the '62 room to warm-up and discuss the WOD.  Then we will move to Hayes Gym to get after it!

Equipment required - jump rope and an able-bodied partner!!

Warm-up and instruction - I will let a rock-star cadet demonstrate a few of the different rope climbing techniques and give everyone a chance to practice the rope climb.

WOD - 

Partner WOD

5 rounds for time/max double-unders
Person A: Climb rope and run 1.5 laps on Hayes Track
Person B:  Max reps of double-unders while Person A is gone
then switch roles and once both partners complete both events, that is ONE round.

NOTE:  Partners keep a running total of double-unders complete.

Cash-out:  AMRAP 1 - bar muscle-ups (scale = 3:1 hand-release push-ups & chest to bar pull-ups)

Check out this tutorial video - they make it look so easy!!!!

Post time, total number of double-unders and bar muscle-ups complete to comments.

6 comments:

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate said...

I have a UA tomorrow, so I made it up tonight.

Since I was going solo, I did two full laps on Hayes.

13:40
1060 single unders

Cash out:
12 hand release push ups/chest to bars (the muscle ups just weren't working for me... that video definitely made them look easy)

Also ran 6 more laps around Hayes (5 with medicine ball, last one sprint)
3:54

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

R.K. Barker said...

Did the tryout WODs for Navy. The first was 8 minutes of Cindy. I got 8 rounds plus 5 pushups. The second WOD was 8 AMRAP of 5 GTO at 115 lbs followed by 5 front squats at 115 lbs and then 15 double unders. I only got 3 full rounds plus 4 GTO, put a personal victory was all my DUs were unbroken.

Adam said...

nice work RK! congrats on the double-unders!

Today's WOD was a classic suck-fest!

Matt and I took it on - 19:50 w/ 1123 double-unders...oh my.

As for cash-out - I applied all the fundamentals of the video and in one minute I was 0 bar muscle-ups despite some valiant attempts!

Nate said...

Did 13.3 today. (AMRAP 12)

Got through 90 of the 150 wallballs before I had to switch.
270 singles. Managed to get a few double unders in there, but not enough to do 90 in a decent amount of time.
Exchanged the 30 muscle ups for hand release push ups and chest to bar.
Had 30 seconds left so I got in 5 more wallballs.

That's an awful WOD.

Cash out:
10 Hayes loops (5 with med ball, 5 w/o, alternating) @ 6:05
IOCT @ 3:27

jswobe said...

No rope...still. (I'm working on it!)

Instead:

5 RFT:

5 x muscle-ups
200 meter run
1:1 double unders for max reps

19:55
453 double unders

I scaled the MUs to jumping. Now that I have a location to do them, I am working on them regularly...