Wednesday, 3 APRIL 2013

Announcements - we will meet in the '62 room.  Drink water...this one is a TOUGH one!

Equipment required - kettlebell or dumbbell of appropriate size - please grab one on your way in

Warm-up and instruction - Matt will take half the group through kettlebell swings and Adam will take the other half on a run of the Stairway to Heaven.  We will switch and give everyone a catch to practice all the movements while warming up.

WOD:

5 rounds for time
10 x knees to elbows  (scale = hanging leg raises)
15 x hand release push-ups  (scale = regular or knee push-ups)
20 x kettlebell swings (53/35)  (scale = Russian swings - level to eyes)
Run Stairway to Heaven

Compare to: 14 NOV 2012

Post time to comments.

10 comments:

jck said...

Nels and I hydrated at a beer tasting. Should make tomorrow morning interesting

Nate said...

17:54 as RX'd.

Beat my last time by 4:56, and I was able to do all the KB swings this time (switched out for Russian swings last semester).

That was a smoker.

Mickey said...

21:02

Scaled down the swings to American swings to go easier on my hands.

Ended up tearing pretty badly anyways. Oh well.

Survival swimming should be fun today.

Adam said...

I nearly puked on this one! Miserable! The stairs were just down right terrible! Nice work by everyone on a tough one!

21:17 as rx'd - over a minute after than last time.

Caleb McDaniel said...

Worked out with Chandler Smith and Erin this morining. We did "Annie". For those of you who dont know that is 50-40-30-20-10 of LL unders and situps(normally with an abmat but we didnt have any).
I got 6:20 on the workout which was 1 minute 55 second PR as Rx'd.
Then we ran some sprints.

Matt said...

Aloha,

Ouch. I scaled up to 70lbs KBS. I was 9 seconds slower this time. Last time I used the 53lbs KB.

19:57

KBS to stairs SUCKED.

jck said...

20:57

I would still rather do Stairs than run.

Mickey said...

Correction. Russian swings**

R.K. Barker said...

Had Strength Team tryouts today.
Max reps of Bench Press @ 185 pounds, an impressive 1 rep for me.
Max reps of Front Squat @ 185, 4 reps.
2 30 second sets of pull-ups and dips: 21,17 on the pull-ups, I think. 22,13 on the dips, again, I think.
Then we had a METCON of: 25 burpees, 50 wall ball shots (10 feet) @ 20 pounds, and a 90 pound, 100 yard sled push: 7:39/7:49, I don't remember which, I was on the floor with some seriously cramping legs. That was pretty tough, but cool to workout in Kimsey.

jswobe said...

19:15

Subbed 400-meter runs for the STH.

that was a classic Crossfit grinder...those runs sucked...