Tuesday, 2 APRIL 2013

Announcement - today we will meet in the 3rd floor weight room, please try to arrive as early as possible so we can claim enough space.  Also, it's a partner WOD, so pair up with someone of near equal ability.

Equipment required - barbell. lifting platform, towel, and reflective belt

Warm-up and instruction - Matt and I will walk around to each group to ensure everyone is tracking on the points of performance for the thruster (think front squat fundamentals + push press fundamentals).

WOD -

2 part WOD, make sure you leave time for Part II!

AMRAP 7
Person A: 5 x thrusters (115/75)
Person B: Run 200 meters
switch roles upon return - once both complete each role, that is one round.

rest a few minutes and then

Run 1 mile for time

NOTE:  Route = Lincoln Hall Loop - start and finish at the start pole in front of Arvin.  Run around Trophy Point, past Lincoln Hall, and at the awning of West Point Club, cross the street, to Diagonal Walk and back to Arvin.

7 comments:

Mickey said...

The firstie I am training had to go to sick call this morning so I have to wait until this afternoon to do this one. Looking forward to getting back into it with the morning crew.

Nate said...

Got 3 rounds in with Caleb.

Substituted 1 mile for 15 laps around hayes (alternating with med ball/no med ball) - 9:44.

Went in for WOD 2. the CF website posted "Nasty Girls" which is 3 rounds for time of:

50 Squats
7 Muscle-ups
135 pound Hang power cleans, 10 reps

Somehow I mixed up my numbers and did 50/10 (burpee pullups)/and 95 pound Hang power cleans, 30 reps. 8:20
(worked out better with only one round...)

Adam said...

Jonathan and I paired up - 3 rounds complete, Jonathan at 95# and I did 115#.

For the run:
me - 6:57
Jonathan - 8:34

Nice work everyone!

jck said...

Nels and I @ 95#: 3 rounds even

2-mile run: Slow at 7:50

Legs became jello around the O-Club.

Caleb McDaniel said...

3 rounds with Nate as Rx'd. Then I stayed back to work on some snatches.
I did a rep scheme of 3-2-1-1-1 and got (105, 115(1 rep), 115, 115,115lbs)

Mickey said...

partner flaked on me. weight room was ridiculous. made up a little smoker on my own..

4RFT:
5x Ring Muscle Ups
Rope climb to 2nd red mark
Run track portion of IOCT (Ball, baton, then 1/2 lap w/ nothing)
Jog back down to rings

14:41 rx

first round of MU's was unbroken. absolutely miserable workout. much worse than anticipated.

jswobe said...

did this solo...so:

AMRAP 7:
5 x thrusters (115)
run 200 meters

4.5 rds complete (+ approx 50 meters)

1-mile: 6:58