Saturday - Sunday, 24 - 25 December

Wow - everyone has been doing a great job staying active and posting their stuff - thanks!  Sorry for not keeping things current and updated, but traveling like a crazy person, shopping, etc. has gotten me off my game!

Glad to see some legends of B&G checking in - Tex & Sodak - for those who don't know, they are probably the most fit LT's out there - look out platoons, the pain trains are coming when they arrive!!!

I've had one person send in a great Christmas inspired CrossFit picture - it is awesome, but needs some competition - so please don't forget to snap a pic and email it in to blackandgoldcrossfit@gmail.com - the best one gets an old school B&G t-shirt!

Post to comments two things you'd love for Santa to bring you for Christmas - the first should be a skill (like Double Unders, etc.) and the second should be a piece of equipment.  I'm not saying that Santa will grant any wishes, but it will be fun to see what's on everyone's wish list!

As for today and tomorrow - find a creative way to work out and have a very Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Mickey said...

Hand stands and a pullup bar

leighgust said...

For Christmas I want a GHD. And 10 strict pullups.
check out the WOD the Gusts will be doing this weekend:

"the 12 days of Christmas"
1 Turkish Get-up (1.5 pood / 1 pood)
2 Handstand push-ups
3 Pull-ups
4 Knees to elbows
5 Burpees
6 Thrusters (95# / 65#)
7 GHD sit-ups
8 Box jumps (24′ / 20″)
9 Push-ups
10 Double unders
11 Toes to bar
12 Overhead squats (135# / 95#)

The WOD is run just like the tune -
Round 1: 1 TGU
Round 2: 2 HSPU, 1 TGU
Round3: 3 Pull-ups, 2 HSPUs, 1 TGU

Mickey said...

Did this pyramid workout i found a few years ago. Started at 1 and went up to 6 and back down.
Multiplied each # by:

x1 elbows to knees
x2 hspu ( kind of bridged with my feet on the edge of a couch)
x3 rows (bowflex 210lbs resistance)

So for example on the third set you do 3 etk, 6 hspu, and 9 rows.

Originally found it as a navy seal workout w.1x pullup, 2x pushups, and 3x situps.

You can go as high as you want

Adam said...

@ Leigh - awesome WOD, I wish I had all the equipment available here in FL and I would give it a shot! Have fun!

@ Mickey - awesome creative use of what you have available.

As for me -
Today I ran 3 miles, did 65 dips (bar) and 35 pull-ups at the local playground. I didn't time it and I got some strange looks from parents watching their kids play.

As for my wish list - I wish I had great snatch form and I wish I had a pull-up rig at the house!!

ErinM said...

Yesterday: Mile run with old cross country team. 6:16. A little frustrating because I wanted to break 6:00. Followed by some pull-ups on rock rings and dips using two tables.

Goal: muscle up
Wish list: RTX bands

ErinM said...

Today: Tried the 12 Days of Christmas with my brother. Had to improvise at the playground: pistols for Turkish Get-ups, piked HSPU on a bench, thrusters and OHS with a bike, tuck jumps for DUs. 31ish minutes. That was more painful than it looked!

Adam said...

Erin - I really hope you took some pix of OHS with a bike!!!! Awesome job!