Wednesday, 1 MAY 2013

Announcements - We will meet in the '62 room at 0530.  We will see you then!

Equipment required - if you are game for the cash-out, then bring a towel, swim-suit, and change of clothes; for the WOD, grab a kettlebell on the way in.

Warm-up and instruction - Start with your individual warm-up, make sure you warm-up your shoulders and back...they will get quite a work-out today!  Matt will take the group through kettlebell swings and I will discuss handstand push-ups.  I will take everyone on the run portion of the WOD.

WOD -

AMRAP 10
Run 200 meters (down the hall long hall, touch the wall, and back)
21 x kettlebell swings (53/35)
7 x handstand push-ups (scale = 2:1 hand-release push-ups or 1:1 elevated pike push-ups)

Cash-out:  Partner swim max distance in 10 minutes.  One person swims down and back (50m; 1 lap) and then tags out with partner.  No diving authorized - both stay in the water the whole time.  Use whatever stroke you'd like and go!

Post number of rounds complete, partner's name, and number of laps complete to comments

7 comments:

Mickey said...

going to be finally maxing out bench tomorrow morning. then i think i'll join the crew for the post WOD swim workout afterwards.

Just didn't work out today with trying to get the lift in.

Nate said...

3 rounds. First round, everyone was still using the 53lbers so I used the 72 (?), did Russian swings. All my handstand pushups were kipping.

R.K. Barker said...

I had to scale to pike HSPU, the kipping were taking me longer than desired. 4 full rounds plus 15 KB Swings. That was fun, but I would have like less KB swings - keep the intensity up and really increase the rounds.

Adam said...

3 rounds + 25 meters of the run as rx'd. HSPU were tough in rounds 2 and 3.

For swim - I was without a partner, but swam and rested and equal intervals and completed 6 laps (300 meters). I hate swimming.

jck said...

3 rds + run + 5 kbs.

Switched to piked push ups round 3.

Mickey said...

Hit a bench PR this morning @ 210#

swam with john. think we got 6 and a half rounds.

jswobe said...

Traveling...staying in a hotel, so I changed the 200-meter run to a stair loop of the hotel.

I started out doing it as an AMRAP 12, but changed to 3 RFT b/c I wanted to finish the third round.

14:08