Thursday, 2 MAY 2013

Announcements - we will meet in the 3rd floor weight room, please arrive early so we can claim some space.  Reminder - tomorrow (Friday) we are doing Murph.  '62 Room, 0530, reflective belt, water, tape, chalk, and whatever else you need.

Equipment required - partner, jump rope, and lifting platform with barbell

Warm-up and instruction - start with a light load and work on both movements before moving up to the WOD weight.  Matt and I will walk around and check on form and coach as needed.

WOD -

5 rounds for time
Person A - Run 100 meters + 50 double-unders (3:1 single-under sub)
Person B - 5 x power cleans (135/95) + 3 x squat cleans (135/95)
once both are complete, switch roles and that is one round

Cash-out challenge:  3 minute double-under challenge - the rules - whenever you mess up with double-unders, you knock out 3 burpees.  Your score is total double-unders/total number of burpees.    NOTE:  If you are struggling with double-unders, then you can sub 3:1 single-unders and do 3 x burpees every 30 seconds.

Post partner's name and time to comments.

6 comments:

R.K. Barker said...

That was a fun one! I paired up with Rahul and we ended up having to scale the weight on the cleans after the first set down to 115. I think our time was 24:40, the rope I was using on the last set of double unders broke at 20 and I had to wait to use another. Sorry Tom! Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Adam said...

great to see a big group this morning! I did have a partner, so I did it a bit faster, but definitely paid the price with no rest!

16:12 as rx'd - squat cleans were TOUGH!

Cashout: 132 D/Us w/ 9 total burpees (132/9 = 14.67) - I messed up on my first double-under...dang it.

jck said...

With Adrienne

as rx'd: 21:00

cash out: 43/12 = a very low score. Smoked after this morning!

Unknown said...

This one sounds fun, I might try this one later today. I worked out at the Delafield Pond parking lot with Colonel Burgess this morning. Warmed up with mobility/flexibility with the TRX and then did a minute of snatch slams with the steelbell than ran up the hill with it. Also, the 40/40 challenge and 100 getups with 40 pounds.

Nate said...

Worked with Nels. 21:32.
Worked with 115 pounds.
Cashout was 230 singles... still not doubles because I'm still awful at those.

jswobe said...

I did four rounds and had to roll. It was a good WOD though. The cleans were tough...

16:54