Thursday, 9 MAY 2013

Announcements - we will meet in the '62 Room, warm-up, and then get after it!

Equipment required - medicine ball, kettlebell, jump rope, and a 3 person team!

Warm-up and instruction - Matt and I will cover the points of performance for each movement and give everyone a chance to practice each.

WOD - Team Chipper (team of 3)

AMRAP 30

75 x Wall ball shots (20/14)
60 x Kettlebell swings (53/35)
45 x Shoulder touch push-ups (at the top position, touch your opposite shoulder with your hand; alternate hands)
30 x walking lunges (one step = one rep)
15 x handstand push-ups
10 x Wall Climbs

150 x double-unders (3:1 sub for single-unders)

NOTE:  Only ONE person can work at a time while the other two people rest, cheer, and help keep track of reps/rounds.
NOTE2:  If you only have a 2 person team, then subtract 1/3 of the reps from each exercise (so 2 people would do 50 x WBS, 40 x KBS, 30 x push-ups, etc.).  if you are flying solo, then subtract 2/3s!

Post team members' names and number of rounds/partial rounds complete to comments.

6 comments:

R.K. Barker said...

That was fun. Teamed up with Adrienne and Tom, we got through two full rounds and 30 KB Swings. As R'xd. Jon, you missed a good one.

Adam said...

Matt and I went crazy and did the WOD as rx'd for a 3 person team. It was absolutely terrible and I nearly died!

2 rounds + 28 lunges

I was about 1 minute from heart failure... Jonathan, Caleb, Erin, and others...we needed you, but it was fun/tough WOD as a terrible two-some!

jck said...

with Nels and Nate

2 rounds + 12 Handstand pushups

Caleb McDaniel said...

I am sorry that I wasnt there this morning. I have an AASLT obstacle course to conquer later today. I also found out just this morning that I have my AASLT APFT tomorrow moring at 0520. I am trying to reschedule mine, but I am not sure if that can happen. Hopefully I will see you all at South Dock tomorrow.

ErinM said...

Sorry to have missed it! Combatives final first hour and late night = no Crossfit in the morning.

Did it this afternoon as a one man team and a 20 min AMRAP based on time constraints. Whoa, that was tough. Made it through almost 3 "1/3" rounds (25 WBS, 20 KBS...).

Looking forward to tomorrow!

jswobe said...

Did this solo, and mod'd to:

AMRAP 20:

25 x Wall ball shots
20 x Kettlebell swings
15 x Shoulder touch push-ups
10 x walking lunges
5 x pull-ups
3 x handstand push-ups
50 x double-unders

3 rounds + some WBS...