Friday, 12 APRIL 2013

Announcements - we will meet in the '62 room and then go to Hayes if needed.

Equipment required - motivation

Warm-up and instruction - personal warm-up to get chest and shoulders warmed up

WOD -

2 choices today -

#1 - Goat Day for either Gymnastics or Weight Lifting - you pick the event(s) and get after it.

#2 - WOD:  Push-ups plus tax and then goat day

Level 1 (Beast): 200 push-ups + tax for time
Level 2 (Lion Heart): 150 push-ups + tax for time
Level 3 (Super Trooper): 100 push-ups + tax for time
Level 4 (Warrior): 75 push-ups + tax for time

TAX: Every time you break form and rest, then you will knock out 15 sit-ups (APFT standard; feet anchored and hands laced behind your head).  "Rest" is defined as having your knees resting on the ground or if you remove your hands from the ground - APFT push-up standards apply!!  Make sure you get the full range of motion on your push-ups and don't cheat yourself!!

NOTE:  You can choose any rep scheme or strategy that you'd like!  Small sets?  Large sets?  It's up to you!!

Compare to: 17 DEC 2012

NOTE2:  One of my goats is swimming, so I may go swimming after the WOD.  I was thinking max distance in 10 minutes if anyone is interested.  If so, bring your swimsuit, towel, etc.  If not, pick another goat and get after it!

Post level selected, strategy employed, and overall time to comments.

4 comments:

Nate said...

11:38
200
90 situps

Missed the December iteration of this, so my most recent time to compare it to is the time we did it in September.

Beat my 150 time by 1:14.

Mickey said...

Worked up to;
Deadlift 285x5
Press 115x3

L-Sit pullups; 12, 7, 4

Adam said...

wow, I was sucking today! I need to do more push-ups for sure!

200 @ 13:53 (over :30 slower than last time with 40 more sit-ups)
120 sit-ups

I wanted to keep sets of 20, but only hit 10 and 15 several times after the initial burst of 60.

Then I swam max distance in 10 minutes afterwards and completed 16 x lengths (25x16 = 400 meters...WEAK!)


Matt said...

Aloha,

My score from LAST time was:
Level 1 (Beast): 9:10 w/ 60 sit-ups
100-25-25-25-25

I decided to spice it up a bit this time. I did 10 different types of push-ups. It took me 15 sets so I cycled half way through the second time around.

20:12 with 195 sit-ups
Spartan, one-legged diamond, spiderman, dive bomber, hindu, shoulder touch, T, hand release, wide, regular